Key City Bike (KCB) is looking for a Shop Manager to assist in executing the vision of the organization. The goal of the shop manager is to ensure the mission of KCB is fulfilled and to lead the daily operation of the shop floor.
16 hours per week during shop hours.
- Manage Shop Floor during open hours
- Onboard/provide ongoing training for volunteers
- Lead the shop’s Earn-a-Bike programming
- Educate/train volunteers on bike sales and DIY standards
- Assist volunteers with the bike repair problems they encounter
- Work with Executive Director and board of directors to create meaningful and impactful Bike Shop volunteer duties
- Maintain a positive, empowering and educational shop experience for volunteers, Members, and Program Participants
- Manage bike repair/accessory related inventory.
- Maintain an organized and clean shop.
- Create inventory system and place orders, assessing shop needs for new product offerings
- Process inventory upon delivery
- Maintain work benches with appropriate functional tools for all shop users
- Manage the intake of donations
- 2+ years of nonprofit leadership
- An understanding of bicycle mechanics
- A passion and willingness to learn
- You enjoy working with people from all walks of life, all backgrounds, and all ability levels.
- 3+ years experience in bicycle co-op or for-profit bike shop management / assistant management
- A professional certification from United Bicycle Institute or Barnett Bicycle
About Our Organization
Key City Bike (KCB) is a recognized 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. KCB exists today because of passion and success built on a legacy of community with an investment of knowledge, tools, hard work and donated bikes. First through the PACT Ministries’ Bikes for All program over 15 years ago, then the ReBike Project Club, KCB is currently 100% volunteer operated via its members and the local community, depending upon them for every organizational function.
Send a resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Include “shop manager” in the subject line