The Key City Bike May Membership Drive has begun! Please consider supporting the mission of Key City Bike by becoming a member. All 2016 members will receive a FREE Key City Bike T-shirt available for pick up at Key City Bike in Mankato or Chrome Industries in Minneapolis for our metro friends at the end of May. All the details are in the image below, click to enlarge. You can stop by the shop to make your membership donation or donate online by selecting the “Donate” button at the bottom of the page. If you use the online method, please include a note stating you are signing up as a member and your requested t-shirt size.
Thank you for supporting Key City Bike!
Key City Bike will be open for the 2016 Season at 4:00pm on Tuesday, April 5, 2016.
Drop off dates for the 5th Annual Wheelworks bicycle themed open entry art show at The 410 Project are Wednesday, April 20th and Thursday, April 21st from 2:00-7:00pm. Check out the WheelWorks V Facebook event for more details.
Please join us for our upcoming Member meeting and Board elections on Monday, February 29, 2016 from 6:00-8:00pm at the Eagle’s Club in Mankato. There will be tacos!
Here is a link to the Facebook event, https://www.facebook.com/events/1669036100015537/.
We are accepting applications for the Executive Director position for the 2016 season. Key City Bike is open April 1st through October 31st each year.
Below, and here, kcb exec dir job descrip 12-12-15, is the job description. If you are interested please submit a letter of interest and a resume to Key City Bike KCBexecdirsearch2016@gmail.com before March 18, 2016. The Board of Directors will be in contact with those who express interest once we have a chance to review and finalize everything.
Job title: Executive Director
Reports to: Board of Directors
Hours: 12+ hours per week during the season: Tu-W-Th 4pm-8pm, Apr 1 – Oct 31
Compensation: Will not be monetary
Provide overall management of the organization’s mission to keep bikes out of the landfill, get them into the hands of those that need them and teach community members how to maintain their bikes.
Duties and responsibilities
• Schedule volunteers to open, staff and securely close the shop during open shop hours.
• Organize and coordinate the sustainable use of limited shop resources.
• Oversee that financial record keeping and tax filings are handled accurately and in a timely manner.
• Respond to email, phone and social media inquiries.
• Coordinate and manage community outreach efforts such as maintenance and repair clinics, bike drives, local events, etc.
• Provide periodic reports to the Board of Directors, members and volunteers.
• Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
Recommended qualifications may include:
• Personable, outgoing demeanor when dealing with volunteers and community members.
• Basic knowledge of bike maintenance and repair.
• Basic computer skills and social media management.
• Embrace the mission of Key City Bike.
Lead volunteers, intermittent volunteers and earn-a-bike participants.
Opening Reception: May 9th from 6:00pm-9:00pm
Show Runs: May 9th -24th
Open Entry Exhibition:
Everyone is welcome to join and all mediums will be accepted.
Art work must be inspired by the bicycle.
Entry Dates: April 29th and 30th, 2:00pm-7:00pm at the 410 Project at 523 S Front St, Mankato, MN
$5 per piece and up to three pieces per artist.
A portion of the money raised will go towards this summer’s 410’s Project Bike!
RIDE YOUR BIKE DOWN TO THE OPENING RECEPTION!!!
5:30pm – Art scavenger hunt
6:00pm – Opening reception starts
Bike flag making
Tire change learning stations
View vintage bike videos
Free yearly spoke cards will be handed out
8:30pm – Bike inspired writings will be read
9:00pm – Light Ride – Most lit up person/bike wins a prize!
Here is the Facebook event page with more details.