We are accepting applications for the Executive Director position for the 2016 season. Key City Bike is open April 1st through October 31st each year.
Below, and here, kcb exec dir job descrip 12-12-15, is the job description. If you are interested please submit a letter of interest and a resume to Key City Bike KCBexecdirsearch2016@gmail.com before March 18, 2016. The Board of Directors will be in contact with those who express interest once we have a chance to review and finalize everything.
Job title: Executive Director
Reports to: Board of Directors
Hours: 12+ hours per week during the season: Tu-W-Th 4pm-8pm, Apr 1 – Oct 31
Compensation: Will not be monetary
Provide overall management of the organization’s mission to keep bikes out of the landfill, get them into the hands of those that need them and teach community members how to maintain their bikes.
Duties and responsibilities
• Schedule volunteers to open, staff and securely close the shop during open shop hours.
• Organize and coordinate the sustainable use of limited shop resources.
• Oversee that financial record keeping and tax filings are handled accurately and in a timely manner.
• Respond to email, phone and social media inquiries.
• Coordinate and manage community outreach efforts such as maintenance and repair clinics, bike drives, local events, etc.
• Provide periodic reports to the Board of Directors, members and volunteers.
• Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
Recommended qualifications may include:
• Personable, outgoing demeanor when dealing with volunteers and community members.
• Basic knowledge of bike maintenance and repair.
• Basic computer skills and social media management.
• Embrace the mission of Key City Bike.
Lead volunteers, intermittent volunteers and earn-a-bike participants.